Monday, February 20, 2006

All about Monkey

Before this morning, I thought that the Baxter sleeping arangements were ideal.

The husband is in Afghanistan, so I have the entire bed to myself for most of the night. Poor husband has a small bunk. Or something like that. At least he's cozy, with the flannel sheets that I sent him. However, for this year, I've got the bed to myself. Sort of.

The Monkey goes to sleep in his own little bed, and then sometime in the middle of the night/very early morning he comes and climbs into my bed. This was great! I got my space and we got to snuggle.

However. This morning, he kicked me out of bed. Almost literally. He was snuggled right up next to me, so I was on the very edge of the matress. And then he starts whining and pushing on me with his hands and feet. He's lucky that I needed to get up to go to the bathroom, or he'd have been out of luck!

So I got up. And did my thing, and then went into the living room to try to find some weather. And he woke up about 15 minutes later.

I say, that if he wants to sleep by himself, he'd better do it in his own bed! We'll see how that works out, though.

Some cute things about him:
He calls cats "meow". Not cat. Not kitty. "Meow".
Today he called a tiger a "lroar". "Lroar" in Monkey-speak is "lion".

1 comment:

Hong and Tami Kim said...

Des, I'm not so sure this blog template FITS you! :-P When I think of "desi", I think COLOR, bright things, funky shapes and patterns, and way artistic things that match and coordinate, but in a funky way. So, all that to say, this template just doesn't seem to be "you". Anyone agree with me?