Thursday, November 23, 2006

Guess what is in my refridgerator, weighs 22 pounds and is still half way frozen?

That's right. A turkey.

For the record, RJ's work gave us the turkey, and we are very thankful. We're planning on freezing the meat one its cooked and eating turkey FOREVER.

So this morning, I got up at 6 to put the turkey in the oven. I get it out of its wrapper, turkey juice is everywhere, and surprise, surprise, its still mostly frozen. I can't even get in there to get all the nasty bits out. I put that thing in the fridge on monday to defrost. Silly me. I think it takes 5ish days to defrost.

So. I've got the turkey out, and I'm trying to decide what to do, when the Child comes wandering sleepily into the kitchen. "I wanna watch cartoons, Mama."

I take him back to bed, and tell him to snuggle with Daddy and I'll be right back, because I've got to put the turkey in the oven.

I go back to the kitchen, leaving my child sobbing and crying for "Mama!".

Ok. So the turkey is obviously out. All we've got in the freezer is one lone chicken breast. But, i remembered that buried in the bottom of the freezer is a whole chicken! So I dig it out and go looke on the internet at how long it'll take that thing to defrost and cook.

Woo-hoo! We won't have a vegetarian thanksgiving after all!

But wait, there's more.

I had to wrestle the half frozen turkey into submission. I wrapped it up in plastic wrap and put it back into the fridge. And there it sits. A frozen turkey mummy.

And the chicken is defrosting in the bathroom sink.

And we're watching The Parade. This is the first year that the Child has actually been interested in it and that's pretty fun.

So- happy Thanksgiving everyone! May your turkeys be unfrozen and your parade watching be satisfying.