Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas Eve!

My child, he insists that it is not Christmas, but Halloween. We try to get him to say "Merry Christmas!" but he says "Happy Haween" instead.

The closest we've gotten is for him to say "Happy Holidays!". In fact, he was shouting it to Mama G. across the produce section of Kroger yesterday. Good times.

In other news...

We've re-arranged our bedrooms. The Child and I did his yesterday. His bed was in a corner, but now it's under the window. He was happy...

But when it was time for bed...

X: no, i don't like it, move it back!
Me: No, we'll do it tomorrow, you need to sleep here tonight.
X: No! I'll just sleep on the floor! (he then collapsed dramatically onto the floor beside the bed.)
Me: No, you need to get into your bed.
X: No, I don't like it!
Me: You need to get into your bed.
X: No, I don't like it!
Me: This is your last chance to get into bed without a spank. Get into your bed.
X: (holds up his arms) help me.

Why the drama? And, by the way, the bed is totally not going to move.