Monday, February 26, 2007

Sick, Sick, Sick

Well, it's official... I've caught the Child's cold. Which means that I'll be twice as sick for twice as long as he's been.

Yesterday, feeling the cold coming on, I planted myself on the couch all afternoon. It was lovely. I watched "Thoroughly Modern Millie" (horribly awful asian stereotypes, but I do love Julie Andrews) and took a short nap after RJ got home.

When I woke up, the Child was sitting with RJ at the computer, playing and chatting. When he saw that I was awake, he came and snuggled with me. And talked. And talked some more.

I said, "Buddy, it's ok to be quiet and not talk sometimes."

He said, "No I don't want to be quiet. I'm not, Mama. I'm not. Not. I'm not quiet. I'm not. Mama? I'm not quiet. I'm not."

1 comment:

Hong and Tami Kim said...

absolutely hilarious!!!! :-D