Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Life as a Dressmaker

Most of my blog readers know that my Amy is getting married.
What you might not know is that I'm the Best Lady aka The Matron of Honor.
And what you further might not know is that I'm wearing a red dress.
And what you even further might not know is that I'm making my red dress.

That's right. I'm sewing it. With a little help from my mother, who is the zipper-putting-in Queen, while I am the zipper-messing-up Genius.

The dress pattern and material have been untouched untill today. Today I cut out the pattern, and pinned it to the lining, which involved lengthening the skirt and shortening the neckline. And this afternoon, I plan on visiting my mom and borrowing her pinking shears and asking her a question about the instructions. It seems like a simple and straightforward dress, and I'm confident that I can do it.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Wow! Good luck! I sew some, but I have never successfully sewn any kind of clothing. I hope it comes out great!