Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Forts and Fast


This is life in my house these days. Every day he builds a fort, complete with roof and "bricks", then fills it with his stuff. He even likes to eat lunch in there.

Then he spends the rest of the day ferrying himself around on his "tri-cycle".

Funny story about that stinkin' tricycle... RJ oiled the wheels the other day because the "squeek- squawk" through the house was driving us crazy. However, the Child was very sad about it, because he loved the squeaking.
He came up to me and said, "Mom, I want you to come into my room because I want to tell you something." I told him that he could just tell me where we were, but he said, "But I don't want Daddy to hear!"
So we had a whispered conversation about how sad he was that his tricycle wasn't squeaking anymore because Daddy oiled it.
I don't know if he didn't want to hurt RJ's feelings or if he didn't want to get in trouble for being upset about something RJ did, but it was pretty funny.

Also funny... this morning the Child said to me, "Mom, I think we don't got no more toilet paper." Maybe not so much funny as sad, but still.