Thursday, November 12, 2009

Heavens to Betsy

I have so many pictures to share! I think I'll just work my way backwards. So... That means starting with seeing The Pioneer Woman! She was at the Wal-Marts signing her cookbook! The cookbook that my Mom got me for my birthday!

We were Excited!



Mara was not.



We met up with my cousin, Jill, and my friend, Rachel. It was really fun to stand in line together! First, we met Marlboro Man. He was very nice, and signed our books and took pictures. There was much discussion about which picture we should have him sign, because the end of the book has a picture of his... ahem... heiney. We all had him sign a picture of his face, though. Because we are nothing if not decorous. He said Mara was cute! Also, he called GG (she wasn't able to get off of work) and left her a message on her phone! He said it was a first. I guess not many people ask total strangers to call their sisters. Huh.


Mara was not happy about the wait. Mom walked around with her.


And here she is! Signing our books! And also having a phone conversation with GG.


I restrained myself from blurting out, "Will you be my best friend? I have a cute baby! I'll share her with you!"


Right after this, Mara grabbed the back of her hair. Sorry about that PW! Her hands weren't grubby, I promise!


And that is how I spent 2.5 hours of my Monday night! I heard later that some people waited 4 hours!

5 comments:

BubblesandMoney said...

thank you again for telling me about her being there. we had such fun. it was great to see you there

Brett and Jill said...

I think she just patted PW's hair. She was saying, "You are my best friend (pat, pat, pat).

I've got the video's downloaded - I hope to post about it tomorrow.

Kari Beth said...

how fun! i love pioneer woman!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

So fun!

I have to say I think they are some of the most kind, gracious people I've ever met.

Naomi said...

So fun! Please stop saying Walmarts.