We're still enjoying our summer here! We'll start school on September 1.
To be honest, I'm really looking forward to starting school. I'm excited about what X will be learning. I'm ready to get some structure into our days. I've got some fall projects around the house that I'm ready to start.
However, until then, I'm trying to remind myself to enjoy these lazy days, and to let my children just be. They're enjoying the lazy days, too.
What we've been doing... oh my goodness! X is at the very end of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets! He totally made the leap to longer novel-type books. He's also reading the Narnia books, Hardy Boys and some Star Wars novels that we'd gotten him last year. It's amazing!
We've also been playing Lego Star Wars III. We've got an unofficial contest going on, to see who's going to finish the game first. X is ahead right now, but not by much!! Though, to be honest, he's usually the one to tell me what to do when I get stuck. Following in his father's footsteps!
This afternoon- pool!!
No comments:
Post a Comment