Thursday, September 01, 2011

First Day of Third Grade!!

Well, my baby turned 8 yesterday. He got books and legos for his birthday, and played video games for the better part of the day.

And today... we started school! We're easing our way into it today and tomorrow. Just a little review, some fun science things, writing thank yous and getting an idea of what our days will need to look like.

I have to admit, I've been ready to start. I'm ready for our routines and schedules to be in place. We're still in summer mode for sure, especially since the pool is still open. But next week we're hitting things hard.

Speaking of the pool- I'm super excited about the neighbors I met this summer! We've met several very cool homeschooling families that live right in our neighborhood. We're going to try to have regular playdates over the school year.

No comments: