Monday, October 03, 2005

Aloo Gobi and about 5 cups of chai later...

This evening I went to Garden Ridge to get some flowerpots. Ms. Wanda gave me two beautiful plants for my birthday, and I'm going to keep them inside since it's (maybe) going to get cold soon. So I got some pretty pots to put them in. And it's the best time of year to get stuff like that, because it's all on sale!

Then, I went and met up with "the girls" at Star of India for dinner together. It was a lot of fun- and incredible food! Their chai is sooooo good! I love it just plain, no extra sugar or anything- so yummy!

The Child came, and while he's not technically a girl, his babyness totally compensates for his boyness, so he's alowed to come to Girl's Nights. He was very sweet and well behaved.

The last time I went to Star of India was with Tami (and others, it wasn't just the two of us). I really missed her tonight- she's just such a wonderful person, and it was always fun to hang out with her. BUT, I'm glad that she and Hong seem to be doing ok in Berkeley (I know they miss us here so much, though- who wouldn't? We're all just that fabulous! ;) ). I even heard/read that she finally found a job! woo-hoo!

So anyways, the combination of missing Tami and some issues with the Husband (more about that later- it's Army stuff) and I was a little blah. But still, dinner was great- there were a lot of people there, and it was fun to hang out and do something different.

1 comment:

Hong and Tami Kim said...

You ARE THAT FABULOUS!!!!!! Okay, that blog made me happy and sad... I miss you, and I totally miss the chai at Star of India - so much that I went to Whole Foods Hippie Organic Market (last three words are my edition) to get a bunch of spices to make my own pitiful recipe of marsala chai. It's not as good as SI chai. However, every other restaurant here is an Indian place --- so lots of selection with the Eastern Asian food.