Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I heart Thunderstorms

But I will admit that last nights was a bit much. We were at BCLR, in the youth area, and the hail sounded like popcorn on the roof!

The Child was totally unafriad, though. He even evacuated to the hallway with his little friends, and was so excited about the lightning that we saw on the way home. "Another one! Look, another one! Mama, another one! More lightning!"

Totally unafraid, that is, untill we got safely home. Then he was all, "It's scary! There's a monster!"

So our electricity went out and we got to light candles all over. Best thing ever!







So around three in the morning, I was awakend by a little voice in the next room shouting, "Mama! Mama! Mama!"

I stumbled out of bed to be greeted by the light on in the hallway, and a wide-awake toddler. "Mama! The lights are back on! I need to blow my candle out!"

So he leapt out of bed, and we blew out his candle. As I was tucking him back in, he said, "Oh, Mama, the fan is back on! And the hall is back on! And your room! And the bathroom! And the kitchen! And the den!"

At least he went back to sleep. And didn't come get in our bed.

Which, by the way, he is doing almost all the time now! He only hollers for me in the middle of the night to come fix his covers. It's so great!

No comments: