A recap:
Almost all of the bridal party was in town by Wednesday evening, so we met at the Lapp's house for a game of volleyball, then went downtown together to eat.
Then on Thursday, the bridesmaids that were not working, and Amy, met for lunch. We all had wedding-related errands to do after that, but we met back at the Gerke's to put together wedding programs. That night, we had a bridesmaid's dinner, and threw Amy a lingerie shower. It was a really fun shower- we had good cake and fruit, and played games and told stories and laughed.
Friday, everyone met at the church to decorate, then went out to lunch together. All the girls wanted smoothies, so that's what we got! Then the girls all went home for naps- I have no idea what the boys did. That night was the reversal and the reversal dinner. Rachel S. and I had made everyone shirts- black with white letters- that had everyone's colors on it. They looked really good all together! At the reversal dinner, everyone told "Amy and Dave" stories, and talked about them. It was really touching. I cried, of course.
Saturday was all day wedding. We got to the church to get ready, Amy and Dave had their first kiss, we took pictures (not of the kiss), etc... After the wedding, the wedding party went to Rachel S.'s house for food and games. We were all pretty tired by then.
Highlights:
-Friday Stephanie, Lanna and I went to Hancocks to get me a new sash. Steph and I were wearing our "red" and "green" shirts, and the ladies at Hancocks remembered Amy and her fabric for our dresses!
-Thursday, on our way home from the shower, Stephanie mooned Rachel J. from the backseat of my car.
-Everyone got along really well, there was no snappishness or irritation, even though the 8 of us girls, and the 16 of the whole wedding party, were together for four days straight.
-I got sick on Wednesday, but after that day felt better. I lost my voice, but at least I didn't feel sick. Totally God's work!
-X and RJ looked so handsome at the wedding.
-All of us bridesmaids were worried about the dresses, but once we had them on, with the sashes, and all of us together- they were beautiful!
-The bridesmaids were able to have a time of private praying for/with Amy right before the wedding.
The Best:
-Watching Dave this weekend. I hadn't really seen how much he loved and cared for Amy until this weekend. I mean- I knew he did, and I heard things from Amy's perspective, but it was different seeing it. And it was good to hear what his best friends thought of him- they obviously love and respect him very much.
-Standing up with Amy and Dave at the wedding. They were just beautiful and glowing. Dave's love for Amy, and his excitement in marrying her just spilled out of him! And Amy was just so content and sure and happy to be marrying Dave.
-My husband was the best! He cared for me and X without complaint. He hung out with all of us, and helped out with the preparations. He was a blessing to me.
ok. That's all for now. I'm going to post a lot more pictures on my Facebook, and I'll put a link to them as soon as I'm done.
No comments:
Post a Comment