Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Because I love my cousin, Jill, and she's bored with my blog...

We were sick for three weeks, well for a week, and then I got sick again for a a week. I think we're finally in the clear.

The Child is still sleeping in the box. His latest project is to color the entire box- inside and out. He has a plan, and a color scheme for each side. It's rather impressive. He's also been doing his "schoolbooks" obsessively. It's making me a little crazy. We have this conversation about his connect-the-dots almost hourly...

X:What comes after 12?
Me: What comes after 12?
X: Oh, 13!
X: What comes after 13?
Me: You know.
X: 14. What comes after 14?

Wash, rinse, repeat for numbers one through 40.

I have to admit, these are lovely, elaborate connect-the-dots. And he has learned to count. I just wish he'd stop asking when he knows the answer!