Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So I'm going today to turn in our "Notice of Intent to Homeschool". It's a big day!

I filled in all the information yesterday, and it's a little weird to see it in black and white. Especially the back page. The back page has all of our curriculum and our schedule on it. We're going to be doing three hours a day, five days a week, for 36 weeks, over a 9 month term. Wow!

So, hopefully, I'll be able to find the right office to take this thing to, and then I won't have to do it again for another year!


P.S.- for anyone who is interested, we're using Saxon math, for grades K and 1, and Christian Light Education's "Learning to Read" for our phonics. (We'll be doing art, science, history and P.E. things, but not as a set curriculum, just sort of as we feel like it. I figure that we can't really do anything else until he learns how to read, so we'll be concentrating the most on that.) The math is really cool, because he'll be learning how to use a calendar, tell time, count money, etc... along with counting, charting, adding, subtracting- all those nifty math skills.