Saturday, December 06, 2008

car, RJ, baby, boy

We got the Jetta back yesterday! Very exciting! It looks so smooth and shiny and new! They even cleaned out the inside!

It's just nice to have my little car back.

Also, today is RJ's very first official drill with his new unit. I texted him a little bit ago to see how it was going, and he wrote back, "Just been sitting around. Like always. :)" Nice to know that some things don't change much.

In baby news: it's getting stronger. However, my hips and pelvis have been absolutely killing me. It's really frustrating. I'm glad that things get wonky and stretchy, but I wish it could wait a few more months!

In Monkey news: We've officially switched to grade 1 math. I felt that he wasn't being challenged enough by what we were doing, and I was getting frustrated with it. The first lesson in grade 1 was stacking blocks to count to five, then unstacking them to count backwards from five. So I'm not worried that it'll be too hard. If it is, we can just slow down. Plus, the grade 1 has worksheets, which he really loves to do!