We had our big home visit today. The midwife came and checked that we had all of our supplies- we do! They're in the front room. Waiting.
Then she went over the care sheets for me and baby and looked at our birth plan. We just all needed to be on the same page about what to expect during labor, delivery and aftercare. Not so much the birthing itself, but that she'll need to take my vital signs as soon as she gets here, and she'll need to listen to the baby's heartbeat a certian number of times an hour, etc...
I'm feeling more and more confident. It'll be 36 weeks on Wednesday, and that is the date of when I'll be able to have a homebirth. (if it's before 36 weeks, or after 42- I think- I'd have to go to the hospital) We've read our books, and gone through the workbook. We've got options for dealing with labor. We've got all our supplies.
The only thing I'm concerned about is that the midwife won't be able to be here. And that Naomi won't be able to be here. And that RJ won't be able to be here.
The Monkey's Bump:
He did get black eyes! Actually, they were more like dark green bruises. They actually got worse after I took these pictures. He's still got a little scab and some bruising on his forehead, but he looks a lot better now.